User Registration

or Cancel
Time: 7:11

Dependent Child and Other Sponsorship

In almost always circumstances, people coming to Canada as temporary foreign workers or permanent residents have the right to bring their dependents, including any and all dependent children, to Canada with them. However, circumstances cone up when this is not possible at the time of immigration. For Canadian citizens and permanent residents with dependent children abroad, the government has created a special plan to facilitate their family entry into Canada. The age of sponsoring a child is now 19 in 2016.

The Dependent Child Sponsorship Program

Dependent children, both natural and adopted, may be sponsored to live with their parent(s) as Permanent Residents in Canada. The child sponsorship program is a subsection of the Family Class of immigration.

In order to be eligible for this program, both the Canadian citizen or permanent resident and their child abroad must be approved by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) in order for the sponsored person to receive a visa.

To receive a visa through this immigration program, the sponsor and the sponsored person will be required to prove their relationship to one another. Individuals whose adoption proceedings are in the final phases of processing may begin sponsoring their child before the adoption has been finalized.

After Sponsorship

Children sponsored through the Family Class of immigration receive unconditional Canadian Permanent Residency. This includes the right to study and work, if applicable, in Canada.

Last modified on Wednesday, 16 November 2016 23:21
Rate this item
(0 votes)
Read 4052 times

Leave a comment

Make sure you enter the (*) required information where indicated. HTML code is not allowed.

Get Our Newsletter

  1. Popular
  2. Comment
  3. Tag

About Us

Ms. Nooshin Djavanshir Haidari is a good standing member of the Immigration consultants of Canada regularity console, (ICCRC) R409895 , ICCRC